I am so sorry I am not the food blogger that always takes a lot of fabulous pictures while I cook. I am lucky if I get a decent one on my third time making the recipe, it seems like someone is always grabbing food out of the pan as I cook. Hello MOM LIFE and my messy kitchen. This chicken marinade has become a weekly rotation for us in summer. I have seen a lot of coconut amino recipes out there, but I just love adding a little avocado oil to the mix for some crispy edges on the grill and also turmeric for extra depth. You can marinade your chicken overnight, but if you only have an hour, you will still get plenty of flavor. I definitely suggest butterflying your chicken before grilling it so you can keep it nice and juicy and evenly cooked. If you don’t know what what means, check out this video.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 cup coconut aminos
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp juice of apple cider vinegar, lime juice, or lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp granulated monk fruit, coconut sugar, or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- Butterfly your chicken ( see video below)
- Mix all ingredients together in a jar. Pour over 4+ chicken breasts and let marinate in the fridge for over an hour. Grill.
- I like to save a little marinade without the crushed garlic to pour over my chicken while it is hot off the grill or you could just drizzle over pure coconut amino before letting your chicken set.